Season 2017 - OUR 18th SEASON!
Save these dates, full description here:
The Handel Week Festival 2017 Concerts
Concert I: Sunday, 12 February 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.The Grand Handel — Orchestra Alive!
Concerto Festival — Our Orchestra Shines
Concerto Grosso HWV 317 Opus 3, no. 6 in D along with
HWV 288 in B♭ and HWV 319 in G Minor and featuring
HWV 235 Motet for Soprano and Strings Hæc est regina virginum
Concert II: Saturday, 25 February 2017 @ 7:30 pmSing and Play in Dulcet Tone: The Intimate Handel
Music for Mezzo, Harpsichord, Flute and Basso Continuo
Featuring Alto Jake Barlow and Virtuoso Keyboardist Erik Liefrinck!
Siete rose rugiadose HWV 162 Vedendo amor HWV 175
A Flute Sonata and 2 more pieces for Harpsichord
Concert III: Sunday, 5 March 2017 @ 3:00 pmThe Oratorio Alexander’s Feast HWV 75
Handel’s most performed piece after Messiah.
Our festival concerts feature:
- Music in one of the most acoustically perfect venues in the area
- For Concerts I and III: Pre-concert lectures beginning @ 2:15 pm and post-concert receptions with the artists
- Concert II is cabaret-style concert: Intimate tables with refreshments. Artists provide commentary on performance
- Free lighted parking in adjacent lot. Parking is also available in the indoor garage to the west of Grace Church;
the entrance is on Forest Avenue.
- Free admission for children & teens between the ages of 8-18
This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency, and the Pinnell Foundation.
Please support our sponsor:
Handel Week 2008 - Anthem for the Coronation of Queen Caroline
Handel Week 2008 - Acis And Galatea, The flocks shall leave the mountains
Handel Week 2008 - Chamber concert